The doberman has suffered from a previous image as a fearsome guard dog. In fact with correct training they make a loyal pet.
* large breed about 27inches as an adult in black and tan, brown, and blue. Life expectancy approx 10 years.
* Ideally best homed with older children as toddlers tend to be knock over due to the dobermans excitable nature.
* Puppies can be homed with young children and trained together !!
* Need one hours exercise a day but will enjoy more. Can be fair weather walkers.
* Loyal dogs who love to be in the company of people and love attention and lots of cuddles. In fact they will demand it !
* Can chew up to two years old due to teeth development
* Little grooming required.
* Need firm but fair consistent handling. They need to know you are in charge. Can be sensative.
* Responsive to training and surprisingly make good pat and therapy dogs due to their love of people.
* Deep chested so care MUST be taken with feeding and exercise
|Website updates by Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue for the Stray Dogs Sanctuary | design by apexweb|